Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Spring Break '08

We didn't have much planned for spring break this year since we just went on vacation in January, but the break from school was nice for all of us (especially me!). On Monday, we met Jill and Lauren for lunch and shopping. Then I took the girls to see College Roadtrip (a real tear-jerker for anyone with kids still at home). We stayed at home Tuesday and Wednesday, and the girls made a "spa" for their stuffed animals. I regret not taking a picture of that because there's no way I can describe it in words. You couldn't even see the carpet in Payton's room because of all the "stuff" they drug out from closets, the attic, the toybox.... For someone as obsessive-compulsive about organization as I am, it was my worst nightmare. I just didn't go upstairs for a couple of days, and then they had it cleaned up by Wednesday night (that's when I regained my sanity). We left Thursday morning and went to Branson with Stacey, Lauren, and Alyssa. We left here around 8:15, and the plan was to go straight to Silver Dollar City and spend all day there, and then shop on Friday. Well, plans changed a little when we got there and the car line to get in to the park was backed up for miles! It was opening day, and we later heard that they had expected 6,000 people that day, but ended up with 15,000! We changed shopping to Thursday and went to SDC first thing Friday morning. It worked out perfectly! We were there when they unlatched the chain to let people in and rode several rides before lines even started forming. The weather was beautiful, and we all had a great time!


No comments: