Saturday, April 4, 2009

This one's for you, Shannon!!

OK, so I won't even use the Facebook excuse this time (even though it is SO much faster and easier) or the too busy excuse...I'll just use the lazy excuse! I was inspired by my friend Leslie who is one of the busiest people I know, yet made the time to update her blog recently. Thanks for the motivation, Les. This is a very random group of pictures that goes all the way back to the first of the year, and because it's been so long since I've done a post, I've apparently forgotten how to upload pictures in the correct order, so these are most recent to oldest. Enjoy!!

This one would be from today, this most beautiful April day. And because it's going to be in the 40's tomorrow, I made Holland and her buddies, Marley and Emily, play outside while I cleaned the house. Holland came to the door calling for me and asked if it was alright if they made a mud puddle. I told her I didn't think that was a good idea at all, and she proceeded to tell me that they already had. Backyard, shovel and post-hole digger, water hose, oh yeah. They did it right! All I said was, "I can't wait until your dad gets home". So, as soon as Scott pulled into the driveway, she ran up to his door and told him what they had done. His response?? "Have fun". Can you believe it?? He came in and said, "Kids will be kids". Alright, if you say so. What's a big ole hole in the yard anyway?!

Here are pics from our spring break in Orange beach. We weren't expecting perfect weather, and it was a good thing!! We went out to the beach the first day and spent most of our time wrapped up in towels because the wind was so cold. The sun came out on the second day, so we all raced down to the pool. We got a good hour in before "The Perfect Storm" came rolling in, and it was still there when we left on Friday! We didn't care, though. The things I wanted to do most were sleep in, eat out, and NOT study, and that's exactly what I got to do.









Ah, the high-dollar aquarium.... This was a spur of the moment, dad out with the girls on a Saturday with nothing better to do than go to the pet store where the girls talked Scott into buying a real aquarium and 4 goldfish. And one-by-one they kicked the bucket. The first couple were somewhat traumatic, but when #3 started doing the backstroke, Payton was amused enough to take a picture. Yes, the fish was still alive when this was taken....but, not for long.
Oops.... more vacation pics. Told you it has been a while....



And I had to throw this one in here because I love it. Besties since birth!
Holland's 10th birthday party. And I survived yet another one!
The ONE and ONLY good thing about the great ice storm.... I was able to clean my fridge and get it looking brand new again! Libby so appreciates a clean refrigerator.

8 comments:

Joy said...

I love the pics of Holland's birthday party!! Takes me right back to my childhood days...

The vacation pics are great - you really got some good ones!

The mud picture is AWESOME! I love that Scott was cool about them doing it - my first reaction would be like yours probably, but those are some of the most fun memories for kids! They look like they had a blast :)

Thanks for posting!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for helping those few of us left who are not connected to Facebook! I love all the pictures and am sorry to hear that it rained on your beach vacation. I realized after you guys visited that we didn't take any pictures at my house. Too bad no one else will know what a cool rock band we all make! Love, Shannon

The Law Family said...

I love the pic of Lauren & Holland, they are 2 beautiful young girls.

pawpaw said...

Yep! I agree with all the above....

Leslie said...

I'm glad I could help out with your motivation! We have to keep those in mind who are not on FB and count on our blog to stay updated. :-)

CaseyLew said...

Your family is BEAUTIFUL! I love your cat, that is priceless!

Anonymous said...

Hey mom! My cat and fish are funny.

Alyssa said...

payton was amused because a fish was dying. that girl.