Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Hannah Who???

Yeah, forget Hannah Montana, The Jonas Brothers, Taylor Swift....we wanted the girls' very first concert experience to be with musicians who were actually old enough to drive. So, when I found out that Gavin DeGraw was going to be as close as Tulsa, OK, I knew it was time for a roadtrip. It just happened to be bonus that Collective Soul was also playing (brought back many memories since they were big when I was in high school), and on top of that, the opener was a band called Green River Ordinance, and they were FANTASTIC! The look on the girls' faces when the music started was priceless. I think it was excitement mixed with, "Boy, this is loud." They were true champs, and we could tell that they genuinely enjoyed it. Until about 10:30, anyway.... They started fading fast before Gavin was finished, but 3 and 1/2 hours is a loooooong time to be on your feet and half-deaf! I think it's definitely an experience the girls will always remember, either as "We had really cool parents that took us to a rock concert" or "What in the world were they thinking???".









1 comment:

pawpaw said...

Keep those pics coming! I'm like "Barney Fife," I read the story but the pictures makes it come to life!