Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Fall 2012

Yeah, the title says it all....I'm so far behind that I have to do a post over an entire season! Aye, aye, aye....what can I say...I am one busy WORKING girl these days! I'm just sub nursing for the school district, but boy does it keep me busy! I'm not complaining...it's exactly what I need right now, & I do love it. But, I'm making the most of this OFF day!!

Where to begin?? How about the big cross country season finale?? Yes, the season has already come & gone. A part of me is glad to have our Saturday mornings back, but I sure do love to see Payton run & love to cheer on our team. We're so happy that she fell in love with running & truly hope it's something she'll stick with for a long time. Look at this smile -

We've also been spending time with friends

Then, there was the corn maze with Payton's church group. This is the 7th grade Springdale girls. I have the privilege of being a parent leader for this group & enjoy every minute of it! I'm so excited to see these girls grow in Christ & to be able to shepherd them along the way. Makes my heart smile :)


Halloween!! Just when you think your kids have outgrown costumes & trick-or-treating, think again! Hey, I don't blame them. I'd put on silly clothes & go door to door anyday for a bag of chocolate...
Payton went with her buddy, Peyton, & her dad, Vance. These 2, along with Bridget, make an awesomely fun family! Just ask Payton. She practically lives over there these days!



And, Holland went with a group of buddies, but this is the only pic & have & I had to steal it off of her phone! Guess they had better things to do than take pictures....

So, a few weeks ago, H & E came up with a plan to have a bonfire. They set the date, invited all of their friends, & advised us parents as to what was going to take place. I'm still not sure if we're all really cool parents, or just push-overs.... Anyway, we made it happen, & it was a blast! There was Chick-fil-a, hot dogs, cookies, smores....all the good stuff! And, there was football watching, trampoline jumping, hide & seeking, marshmallow roasting, & a whole lot of gathering around the fire. It was a lot of work, but our girls are totally worth it, & we'd do just about anything for them (obviously) :)




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I usually comment about Holland & Payton but this time I need to tell you, Sherri, what a great mom you are! The girls are so blessed to have a mom like you and they both know it, too!
PS Scott is a pretty special dad too!

love you,
your ole pal, dad

Sherri said...

Thank you, dad....that means the world to me :)

Unknown said...

that's cool! :)