Sunday, February 10, 2008

Payton's Thoughts

As Payton and I were driving to school one day this week, she was staring out the window, and I could tell that she was deep in thought. A minute later she asked, "Mom, who do you like the most - Bill Clinton, Johnny Cash, or Sam Walton?". How's that for random?? So, I said, "Well, I'd have to say Sam Walton because he's done a lot of good things". She said, "I like Johnny Cash because he's done lots of good things, too. But, he smokes, and that's bad".

Then last night on our way home she said, "Yuck! What is that smell?". I said, "I don't know. What's it smell like?". And she said, "It's like skunk.... with a pinch of cinnamon".

Anyone that knows Payton, knows that she's our passionate one. She gives 110% of her time, thought, and energy to whatever she's interested in at the time. Well, her class has been studying poetry, so she's decided that she's going to be a poet whenever she grows up. She's spent a lot of time over the past few days writing poems, and she'd like to share her favorite on here:

My Treefrog Eats

I have a treefrog
that drinks eggnog.

It's the craziest thing I've ever seen.
Now he's eating paper and a jelly bean.

First he ate some wood.
Then he ate my hood.

I'm tired of him eating
everything I'm needing.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Payton!
You are one TALENTED Poet! Keep writing, I love reading your poems. Love you! Aunt Rhonda

Anonymous said...

Hey There!
Just found out that you had this ... I have so enjoyed reading through this over the weekend. I feel like I am right there with you!! LOVE IT!!
Aunt Lanell (In Pennsylvania)!!

Anonymous said...

Go Payton. That's awesome; and it rhymes. Impressive, but not surprising!

pawpaw said...

Payton,....I need a special poem for grammy. Can you write one for me for Valentine's day? love you, pawpaw.
PS you can pretend I'm the "treefrog" and grammy is "Mrs. treefrog."

Leslie said...

Wow Payton! That's awesome. Just remember me when you are a famous poet someday.