Thursday, August 28, 2008

Something old, something new....

Actually, I guess I should say someone old and someone new (I'll take the "old" part, Shannon). Shannon came up this past weekend so we could celebrate our birthday on Saturday together. What a great day it was!! We did a little shopping, went out to lunch, layed out by the pool, and hung out with family. I don't like getting older, but any reason to get together with family is alright by me!
And this little guy is our someone new. Sullivan Cole is the newest member of the Primm family. He is Seth and Joy's sweet baby and was born on the 11th. How adorable is that face??!!
Note: I'm going to save all you blog readers some time over the next few days and let you know that there will not be any new posts from me for a while. I can sense your disappointment, but life these days is CRAZY!! We're leaving Saturday night for a cruise to the Virgin Islands (if they're still there and if we can fly safely through a hurricane...) and will be gone for 8 days. Yes, I'll have beautiful pictures and amazing stories to tell of our adventures when we return, but I just started nursing school. Let me try and convey the level of stress this has caused: It's one of the hardest and most time-consuming things I've ever done in my life, I'm missing one whole day of vital signs and another entire day of dosage calculations while we're gone, I have to test on said skills the Tuesday and Wednesday after we return, and I have a major test that Thursday over everything taught the first 3 weeks of school. I know I've added to the stress by taking a vacation in the middle of all of this, but it was booked in January and vacation insurance doesn't cover stupidity. So..... I'm going to stay up all night, sleep in late, lay on the beach, eat 7 meals a day and not think about school for a whole week. And then totally flip out on the plane ride home!! Anyway, I'll be MIA for a while. But, don't worry - I'll be back.....someday.

3 comments:

Joy said...

lol, Sherri, you crack me up! you're going to do great, and i hope your vacation is awesome! and thanks for the super-cute picture of my baby :)

Leslie said...

No worries Sher! I'm going to take care of you. I will teach you everything you need to know for your test while we are on vacation! Instead of fully enjoying our vacation, we will study while we're gone. :)

Sherri said...

yipee.