Wednesday, May 19, 2010

5th grade Little Olympics

I think it's so cool that I did the Little Olympics when I was in 5th grade, and it's something that they've continued to do through the years. Holland was super pumped about competing! She tried out and earned herself a spot in the 240 relay and the 440 yard run. She and her buddies did the 240 relay together, and did really well! The first time out, they came in 1st which meant they got to go again to compete for medals. The second time, they came in 4th and just barely missed out on bronze. Oh well, they had a great time regardless! Then, it came time to run the 440. Holland was psyched along with about 20 other girls who all realized that the inside is where you want to be if you want to win. Needless to say, the gun fired, she took about 3 strides, and was tripped up. Down she went, face-first on the track. My poor baby....I felt sooo bad! She walked away with a few bumps and scrapes and got to use a really cool latex glove/ice pack that her teacher made for her. All in all, it was a fun day!! Beautiful girls: Teagan, Holland, Jane Ellen, Emily, Sally & Chansley
The best coach ever!! He really loves these kids!
Game-face on: check!
Shaw & Young side-by-side. Booooooo!!! Hissssss!!!
I'd say it was all fun & games, but it obviously was not.
Do a little dance.....
Right before the wipeout.....man, was she focused! She would've won. I just know it.

1 comment:

pawpaw said...

My goodness, these girls are serious when they get in competition.