Friday, May 28, 2010

Working girl

Do I look like I'm ready to save some lives, or what?? Not really. And, I sure don't expect to have to while working in an OBGYN clinic!

I have been blessed with such an awesome job. Long story short: I heard about an opening for a full-time clinic nurse from a friend of a friend, emailed my resume that day, had an interview with the head nurse the next Tuesday, interviewed with the doctor on Thursday, thought both could not have gone better, and was told that I'd hear from them either way on Friday. Nothing on Friday or Monday, so I called on Tuesday and was told that they couldn't wait on my temp license to come in and had to hire someone that could start that week. I was so extremely bummed. I thought for sure that the way it all had come about meant that this job was meant for me. Little did I know that God had an even better plan..... Right as I had started back at square one in trying to find a job, I got an email from the head nurse asking if I'd be interested in being the prn (as needed) nurse for the clinic. So, now instead of working everyday, I only work 3 days a week and get to spend the other 2 with my girls this summer!! Moral of the story: God's answer isn't always "yes" or "no"....sometimes it's "just wait". He never ceases to amaze me.....

2 comments:

CaseyLew said...

YEAH! Congrats! Where at?

Sherri said...

At Parkhill. LOVE IT!!