Monday, July 30, 2012

Body Overhaul: Day 1

Scott and I are active people. We have been for years. We, by no means, think that we are overweight in any way, shape, or form. It's just that sometimes you get in a rut, hit the wall, or just feel the need to shake things up a bit. Enter Advocare!! So, since becoming jobless, I've had some extra time on my hands. With this extra time, I've come across some really interesting health & wellness blogs. And on one of these blogs, I happened upon one blogger that sounded a lot like us - just wanting to take it to the next level. She posted before & afters pics, and the results were undeniable. So, I sent the link to Scott, got him onboard, ordered the 24 day challenge for both of us, and here we are....day 1!
Yes, those are the products and the instructions. A bit overwhelming?? I thought so!! So, I opened all of the boxes, marked each packet with when it was supposed to be taken, then put them in bags marked with the day. Not only do you get to "cleanse" with these "scientifically proven" products, you also get to cut sugar, fried foods, dairy, caffeine, white flour and everything else that equates to happiness from your diet. Leaving us with fruit, vegetables, fish, chicken, nuts, oatmeal, rice cakes, and water.Woo hoo. But...we're up for a good challenge, and we're in this together, so bring it on!
The first item of the day in the goody bag was the Spark. This one you mix with a glass of water and drink on an empty stomach as soon as you get up. It's an energy-booster, so I was anxious to try it out before spin class. The fruit punch one was actually pretty good going down, and I have to say - I think my sweat puddles were a little larger under my bike this morning (may have been the lighting, but I'm going with it). Next up was the fiber drink. Has anything good ever come from putting fiber in liquid form?? I had high hopes for this, but it had me gagging. Literally. It's like drinking thick juice with pieces of hair and grass in it. Of course, Scott texts me and says, "Already done. I've had much worse." Whatever. Liar.
The fun thing about this one is, the after effects are EVEN BETTER!! I'm sitting in my car, all the way on the east side of Springdale, in a park, waiting for Payton to get out of cross country practice when it hits. I don't remember much of the drive home, but I prolly made record time. Just sayin.

Some time ago, Scott borrowed the Insanity dvd set from a guy he works with to try out. For the most part, it has sat in our office in the box, so I thought I'd give it a whirl today. I broke out the Cardio Ab workout....only 35 minutes...how hard can it be? Extremely would be the definitive answer. I did the first, oh, 10-15 minutes, then just sat and watched in awe. It has become one of my 24 day goals - to be able to finish the entire workout. May be lofty...we shall see.

Lunch was 2 boiled eggs, sugar snap peas, cherry tomatoes & cantaloupe (I know this is a big shocker since it's been on my "will not eat" list for all of my life, but it's not that bad, and it's sweet, which makes it AWESOME these days). The afternoon was brutal as I keep wondering where I had left my McDonald's cup only to be sorely disappointed again and again because I cannot have sweet tea again for almost a month. THAT will be the hardest part of this whole thing for me. Hands down. Supper was the best grilled chicken I've ever had in my life and extra crispy vegetables on a stick since I caught the grill on fire. Nothing major, rest assured, but enough to zap-fry the mushrooms, squash, onions, etc. Any other day, we might have thrown these out, but not today my friend! We ate em like nobody's business! Now it's evening, and I could reeeeeally use some chocolate, but I'm powering through with my rice cakes....:(

We're mainly doing this to (1)prove that we can, (2)try to get some tone & definition, (3)cleanse, and (4)to hopefully pick up some good habits along the way that we'll stick with long term. This may very well be an entertaining 24 days...stay tuned.....




2 comments:

pawpaw said...

Ok, now you know I'll have to try this! But I'm gonna need a "chocolate pill" to keep me breathing!

Sherri said...

Trust me - it ain't worth it!!