Monday, August 6, 2012

Body Overhaul: Day 8

Well here we are....one week into it....and, still kickin'! I won't lie and say it's been easy, but it's definitely getting better as far as the sugar/bread/pasta cravings go. We were discussing it last night, and said that if we don't get anything else out of this, we'll at least be switching to whole wheat breads and pastas. I was dreading even trying the whole wheat, brown spaghetti with the sauce made of only tomatoes, garlic, and onion, but it's a change I think we can definitely make! Yesterday I was craving a burger something terrible, so I made turkey burgers on whole wheat buns with tomato, avocado, and grilled onions. The bread is softer and just as flavorful. Who knew??!! I've really had to draw from my creative side (didn't know I had one) to come up with meals that aren't bland and boring. Saturday night we had "turkey bowls" - turkey breast, brown rice, squash, onions and mushrooms. It's been interesting to say the least, but a part of me CANNOT wait until I can have REAL italian, mexican, and bbq again. As far as the cheating goes....I've been eating bananas, which are forbidden, but sometimes you've gotta buck the system :) I also had one bite of Holland's snowcone the other night. Oh.so.good.

We ran errands with the girls on Saturday, and they wanted to stop for lunch, so we went to Marketplace knowing that they had good salads. Scott had the grilled chicken (with cheese and croutons), and I had the chicken berry (with the most heavenly bacon ever). Yes, we cheated. And, the world didn't end :)

Today is day 8, and the first of 3 days of the dreaded fiber drink :( BUT, starting on day 11, we get to add back in beef and potatoes! WOOT WOOT!! I already bought the ribeyes. It's gonna be a par-tay!!

No comments: