Monday, August 20, 2007

First Day of School

So, I've been back and forth for a while now trying to decide whether or not to start one of these things. I'm not 16 years old, and my girls aren't babies anymore, but I figured if no one else read it, our family would probably get a kick out of it. So to anyone interested or just really bored - here you go!
Word of Warning: Since I'm going to school, and my girls are both in school, and they both take golf lessons, and Holland takes dance, and I work 2 jobs, and I'm obsessive compulsive about my house... my posts may be few and far between. I'll try to hit the highlights, and hopefully there will be some posts between now and Holland's high school prom.

So, I decided to start with the first day of school which was today. As you all know, we've been a little concerned about how Holland was going to handle changing schools AND starting a new year. Well, I have to say it was better than we expected. She didn't break down until after we had told them goodnight and left the room. Scott could hear them talking, so he went in to check. They were both huddled together on Holland's bed with Kleenex in hand, crying together! Is that sad or a little funny?? I'll leave it up to you... So, everything was going great this morning until Scott said goodbye and gave them each a hug. Holland cried from then until sometime mid-morning. (By the way, if there are any grandparents reading this and are worried about me scarring your grandchild for life by making this public, I got her permission first, and we all know that she'll look back on this someday and laugh. Not tomorrow, but someday.) Anyway, when I saw them coming down the hall this afternoon, the look on Holland's face had me a little concerned, but that soon changed and she talked the whole way home (well, when Payton wasn't talking) about how much fun she had and about the new friends she had made. I sure hope it's the truth because I can't handle many more mornings like this one! Here are pictures I took before school. Holland tried her best to put on a brave face...











3 comments:

Leslie said...

Very cute. Maybe you've inspired me a little bit. I really should do this. The problem is that I am not good at taking pics. The worst part is that the pics stay on my camera for a year before I download them. :)

Brandi said...

Great blog, Sherri! The girls look too cute ready for their first day of school. Hopefully, tomorrow will be all smiles!! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

You write very well.