Sunday, October 28, 2007

Did we really just have a weekend??

Because it felt more like intermission than an actual break. I guess it's because we were BUSY!

On Friday night, I took Holland over to Sarah's to spend the night and then Scott and Payton and I went to Red Robin and to Barnes & Noble, which reminds me of a story I have to share. As Payton and I were walking from the kids area to the magazines where Scott was, Payton was checking out the books along the way. There were some that I'll call "mature", so I was trying to get past those as quickly as possible. Leave it to Payton to stop dead in her tracks and say in her most audible voice, "Why black men love white women!". I did the whole ssshhhhhing thing, but apparently she didn't hear me because she said it again, only as a question this time, "Why black men love white women?" (and in the midst of several people....) like I was supposed to explain what that meant. I passed her off to Scott and made sure he knew that she had a question to ask him.
On Saturday, Holland got to go to her very first Razorback game with her very best friend, Lauren (it may have been boring, but at least they won!). They don't get to see each other 3 times a week like they used to, so they had a great time spending the day together!
I took Payton to Meghan's pirate party on Saturday. It was the coolest! They built a pirate ship out of refrigerator boxes and let the kids all decorate it, and they had a treasure hunt in the backyard. Payton loved it so much that she dresses up like a pirate and carries her sword around all day long now. She even mentioned something about a gold tooth....
We met Jill and Tony for dinner Saturday night, and then Lauren came home with us and spent the night. They had a big bubble bath, and then it was time for bed. Whew - what a day!!
We decided that we needed a project to do on Sunday, so the girls and I painted letters for Holland's room. The wall over her bed has been blank for over a year now, so I got letters at Hobby Lobby and let the girls help me paint them. I think they'll go perfect in her room once we get them finished. (I'll be sure and post pictures of the final product.)
Then Grammy and Pawpaw came over for supper and a movie on Sunday night. It was a nice relaxing end to a crazy, crazy weekend! I'm just ready for the next one....


1 comment:

The Law Family said...

Laurn had a great weekend too. Good friends are priceless.