Friday, May 16, 2008

Fieldtrippin'

I've been so fortunate that my school schedule has always allowed me to be able to take the girls to school and pick them up everyday. Unfortunately, my classes have also prevented me from being able to go on most of their fieldtrips this year..... until now, that is!! I've been on 2 this week and will be going on another one Monday. I went with Holland to an Economics Fair for all of the GT students in Springdale.

Here she is with one of her best buddies, Marley
Here's her team competing against another school in an economics quiz bowl (and winning 45 to 20)
Each team was given a sack with several misc. items, and they had 20 minutes to create a product, name it, and tell it's function
And here they are with their storyboard showing their idea of "opportunity cost". They got a score in each of the 4 areas, and those scores are then added together for a final score to determine the winners. I'll let you know if they end up with the grand prize....
And then it was off to the safari with Payton! Here she is with her friend, Gretchen, and bread to feed the animals
This little thing was the main attraction! She's a one-year-old monkey named Kiwi. You always knew where she was - not because you could see her, but because there would be a group of about 20 kids in a tight circle around her at all times
Who knew kangaroos were so soft??
Even I couldn't resist the baby goats! (Until one kid got pooped on and another girl had her hair eaten. That was the end of my animal holding.)
And with all of the exotic animals to see in the park, where do the girls end up?? With a cat!

No comments: