Monday, May 19, 2008

Our weekend: the good, the bad, & the ugly

The ugly: We bought a timehare in Branson about 14 months ago and have been trying to sell it for about the last 10. I won't cover all of the boring details, but will say that many of the things they told us we could do with it (i.e. rent our time out and make money, transfer points over from our other timeshare, etc.) weren't possible. So, when I got the phone call from them a few weeks ago asking if we would come back for an "update" (code for "try to sell you more") and get $100 in Visa gift cards, I thought what a great oppotunity to let them know how we really feel. So, we headed up there early Saturday morning to make our 9:00 appointment. It all went alright until John went and got his supervisor to come and talk to us. Instead of addressing our concerns, Doc Holiday, (seriously- it was on his name tag) with his gold chains and funny eyebrows, just wanted to tell us about their newest features. Hello!! Have you heard a word we've said?? Just tell us how we can sell this thing and we'll be outta here! Anyway, after all was said and done, we still own a timeshare in Branson that we're still trying to sell.

The bad: The girls were having a big time playing in the backseat on the way home, and I asked Scott if he remembered how Payton used to always fall asleep in the car if we drove anywhere for more than an hour. We laughed about it and then saw her like this about 30 minutes later. This, too, was funny until we got home and she said she was freezing. I took her temp. and it was 103! She had eaten well all day, shopped like a champ, never complained of anything hurting... it was wild! So, she slept with me Saturday night. At 2:30 she was burning up, so I gave her medicine and she went back to sleep. She went all day yesterday with no fever, no complaining, and then had 103.5 temp. last night. Needless to say, she's at home with me today. Some of our best friends girls' had a fever virus last week, and I'm pretty sure that's what this is.


The good: Despite everything previously mentioned, we had an incredible weekend! After the less-than-productive meeting Saturday morning, we headed to the outlet mall and then to the Landing. What an absolutely perfect day! We ate outside on the deck at Joe's Crab Shack and watched the people walk by. After the girls and I finished our meals, we sat and watched Scott eat for the next hour. No joke. He had a bucket FULL of all kinds of sea creatures with shells that all had to be cracked and the insides extracted and then dipped in one of three different kinds of sauces. It was quite the production. Check out the man-bib he got to wear...

And Sunday was another picture-perfect day. We spent the entire afternoon out by the Hanby's pool. I don't have any pictures to share because I honestly didn't want to move my lazy self out of my lounge chair to go and get the camera......



2 comments:

pawpaw said...

Sherri.....,this sort of "Murphy's Law" syndrome was apparently spreading on Saturday. I too had some moments of "the bad & the ugly" before the good finally show up!"

love you,
dad

Brandi said...

Scott, I would have been right there with you eating all that yummy "sea creature" food! I would have also been proud to wear the "man bib." ;)