Sunday, September 30, 2007

Uneventful Week

Well, there's not a whole lot to report this week, but after last week's near-fatal scooter crash, we're grateful for all the "normal" days we can get. I actually had the day off Saturday (the one I get for the month) and Scott thought it would be a good idea for us to drive up to Eureka Springs for the afternoon (he just wanted to try the new car on some fun roads, as you could have guessed). It was a BEAUTIFUL day for being outside and walking through downtown Eureka. We ate some, walked through a few shops, ate some more, and then came home. If anyone's been wondering if Eureka has changed much in the past 15 years, it hasn't. Scott was just bummed that we missed the Corvette rally by one weekend. Oh well, there's always next year...
The girls fell in love with a dog in one of the toy stores. It took us a while to figure out if it was real or stuffed because it had dreadlocks all over. Have you ever seen a dog with dreads?? It was wild! Anyway, this one's for you, Papaw.
















On a completely different note, this is going to be my last week at Gymboree. I know you all thought you'd never see the day, but I finally realized something had to go. And for anyone that's ever taken Anatomy and Physiology before, you know exactly what I'm talking about! I'm excited about being able to spend the entire holiday with my family this year and not have to go later or leave earlier than everyone else. And I get my nights and weekends back!! I don't think I'll miss the retail world too much....

4 comments:

Brandi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brandi said...

Oops...I think I accidently deleted my comment. Sorry. Anyway, what I said was, I'm glad that you guys had fun in Eureka Springs. Our day-not so much fun. JD smashed his finger pretty bad in the door at breakfast yesterday. So, we got to spend three and a half hours in the ER.

Tiffany said...

Eureka Springs sounds fun. Just getting away is always nice. I can relate with the A&P thing! I definitely could not have worked while taking those courses. Congratulations on staying home again!!!

pawpaw said...

Sherri........I finally did it! I actually join the "blog group." The photos are terrific! Thanks for the special "dog" photo, the girls make their pawpaw proud!!!!!