Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Happy Birthday, Payton!!

Yes, I know that this is one day early, but we're leaving this afternoon for Payton's surprise birthday trip and won't be back until Saturday. I'll take lots of pictures of our adventures and post them once we get back!

Payton - You are my Godsend. Even though you may not have been "planned", you have been the greatest surprise of my life, and God knew that I needed you. You have the most wonderful spirit - kind, gentle, loving, and always enthusiastic. But more than anything else, you are the most passionate person I know. No matter what the task or challenge might be, you will give it your all and nothing less. I absolutely love that about you. Everyday is so much sweeter when you're around. I've smiled and laughed more in the 8 years that you've been with me than I ever did before. You are God's reward. I must have done something right to be blessed with such a beautiful soul that I get to call my child. You are light and laughter and joy all together in one little person. You are, and will always be, my baby. I love you.














3 comments:

Joy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAYT!!! We love you and are so glad to be your Aunt and Uncle and Cousin.

Love, Uncle Seth, Aunt Joy, and Oliver

Leslie said...

Happy Birthday Payton! I hope you have a great time on your trip! You will have to tell us all about it.

Brandi said...

Okay, not fair for the pregnant woman to read that. I'm bawling my eyes out right now. That was the sweetest love note to Payton, Sherri. Happy (belated) Birthday, Payton! Our family is blessed to know you and have you in our lives as well!! Your mom is right, you have such a wonderful personality! I have to go get a tissue now.