Thursday, January 24, 2008

Happy Birthday, Holland!!

Let's take a stroll down memory lane, shall we? It was on this day, 9 years ago, that my mom, Scott, and I waited anxiously for this little miracle to take her first breath. There were a few tense moments, but then came a collective sigh of relief when we heard that very first cry. What a blessed day that was. It was a day that already had special meaning because it had been my Grandma Skelton's birthday. Even though she never had a chance to meet Holland, her spirit lives on in her. She's been gone for quite a while now, but every January 24th is a day of remembrance and reflection for me. Even though they are separated by 3 generations, Mamaw Skelton and Holland are forever connected by this day. To God, I am forever grateful for that.

Holland - You are pure sunshine and joy. How lucky am I that out of all of the millions of people in the world, God chose to give you to me. I'm the first one that gets to see your bright and shining face every morning and the last one to hear your sweet voice say, "I love you" each night. You are wonderfully made. God took all that is right and pure and lovely in this world and made you. I don't let a single day pass without telling Him "Thank you" for the gift of your life. The very thought of you makes me smile, and to be with you is true happiness. I cherish all of the memories from the past 9 years and look forward with excitement to the ones that are yet to be made. I love you.















5 comments:

The Law Family said...

I remember that day & most of the following. I am so glad the Lord has blessed our girls to have such a wonderful friend in each other

Sherri said...

Me too! What a great thing that Lauren was born just one month later.

pawpaw said...

Holland, I love you sooooooooooooo much! Happy birhday, sweetheart.

paw paw

Joy said...

Yay, Happy Birthday to Holland!! We thought about you lots yesterday - hope you had a great birthday! We love you!!
Love,
Uncle Seth, Aunt Joy, and Oliver

Anonymous said...

Holland, I hope you had a WONDERFUL day. You are so special to us and we Love you very much..
Aunt Rhonda, Leah, Ethan and Rock